Re: [News] The Continued Obsession with Delays...

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Microsoft Delays 'Halo' Movie Production
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Microsoft Corp. has delayed production of a movie based on its
>| popular "Halo" video-game series after two Hollywood studios backed
>| out of a deal to finance the film.
> `----
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061101/microsoft_halo_movie.html?.v=1
>
> Another form of marketing. I have personally become sick of this onslaught of
> XBox commercials at the cinemas. I once saw 3 of them in a single
> advertisement session.

I did see the "doom 3" film.  It was okay, in a single-plot 2d character
predictable computer-game kind of way.  I'm glad I hadn't paid cinema
prices, though - a rented DVD was enough.

Interestingly - it put me off putting any effort into getting the game.
Frankly, a good doom deathmatch was far more fun than the doom3 film.

Yes, I've now got this nice little apartment in New York, one of those
L-shaped ones.  Unfortunately, it's a lower case l.
		-- Rita Rudner