Re: Another Great Vista Feature Revealed!

  • Subject: Re: Another Great Vista Feature Revealed!
  • From: Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 22:49:02 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Op Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:46:50 -0800, schreef Roy Schestowitz:

> Richard Rasker wrote:
>> Well people, the long wait is almost over! Here's what the world has been
>> holding its breath for the past five years, this is what it's all about:

[snip just boxes]

> Parables are fun.
>
> You can put a pig in a dress and take it out for dinner.
>
> But it's still just a pig in a dress, not a girlfriend.

Well, it may an awfully good looking pig. But it'll bleed just like the
rest of the hogs.

> The moral of the story: people can wrap whatever undesirable product
> they have to add some illusionary added value. At the pace, Windows
> Vienna (if not superseded by an immature rev of Singularity) will come
> in a space shuttle and deliver a 60-second mandatory startup sound.
>
> The weak-minded will fall victim to the shallow layer of lipstick. But
> they only insult their own intelligence. Reminds me of bonbon boxes
> whose weight comprises primarily of the packaging material. That's also
> where the production cost lies. And people are willing to pay for tha
> packaging, whether it can be sustituted by terms (features) such as
> "DRM" and "WGA" or whatnot.

Puts me in mind of this old Chinese(?) saying, "When you see the lights in
the eyes of a beautiful girl, beware; for it may be the sun shining in
through the back of her head."

Richard Rasker

--
Linetec Translation and Technology Services

http://www.linetec.nl/