[News] Mac OS X 'Liberated'

Running on non-Apple hardware again.

http://macgeek.freeflux.net/blog/archive/2006/11/18/no-comment.html

Related:

Apple modifies Public Source License to thwart hackers

,----[ Quote ]
| Semantics aside, the changes quoted in the forum reflect the application
| of another fine-toothed comb to what users are not allowed to do with
| the source they download from Apple's site. Too bad; with Vista
| receiving mixed reviews, I'm sure Michael Dell would still be
| interested in offering customers a better choice.
`----

http://www.tuaw.com/2006/11/11/apple-modifies-public-source-license-to-thwart-hackers/
http://tinyurl.com/yabd2b

I'm not endorsing it, but inevitably Apple could be forced to allow people to
use whatever hardware they desire to use. It's also a(nother) failure of
DRM.

Apple Places Encrypted Binaries in Mac OS X

,----[ Quote ]