Re: beware of image spam on Internet ..

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Saturday 18 November 2006 18:53 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <u5kul2lt8ruqchmdgbqu89oa46i8cg3a02@xxxxxxx>,
> Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> " the new spam is sent as an image due to which this technique
>> cannot be used and computer security experts are struggling to cope
>> with it, reported the online edition of New Scientist"
>>
>> http://www.zdnetindia.com/news/communication/stories/161292.html
>
> Didn't Gates say spam would be eradicated in a couple of years?
>
> Wasn't that more than a couple of years ago?
>
> Does Gates know anything about technology far less how the Internet
> works?
>
> Why does the majority of SPAM originate from Windows PC's?
>
> What is the solution?
>
> Should all Windows PC's be blocked from having Internet access?
>
> A Draconian solution but does anyone have a better one?

Gates makes many predictions. He is full of it. But he's like many of these
liars (or analysts) from Wall Streets. If they get something right they
struct like a cock; otherwise they go hide under a rock and pretend they
never said anything (or retire like Gates).

Here are some productions from [H]omer:

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm still waiting for his "eradicate spam" prediction to come true:
|
| http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/01/24/gates_spam_death_prediction/
| http://cavemanog.livejournal.com/29316.html
|
| Then there's this corker; "he also predicted that Microsoft search
| technology would soon outpace that of its rival":
|
| http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3426367.stm
|
| Or the classic "640K ought to be enough for anybody.", although he
| denies saying it:
|
| http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bill_Gates
|
|  From that same page, I was delighted to discover that one of my
| favourite authors (Douglas Adams) shares my opinion of Gates:
|
| "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armour
| to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly
| ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
| technology, led them into it in the first place."
|
| Maybe someone as clueless as Gates should just stop making
| predictions, but then he doesn't always get it wrong:
|
| "What is holding things back right now is software," Mr Gates said.
|
| http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3426367.stm
|
| He got that right.
`----

Here are a few that I previosuly collected:

"The Internet? We are not interested in it" -- Bill Gates, 1993

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:Bill_Gates

Gates: Internet Bubble Is Back

,----[ Quote ]
| "We're back kind of in Internet-bubble era in terms of people
| thinking: 'O.K., traffic. We want traffic. We want traffic,'"
| Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates said. "There are still some areas
| where it is unclear what's going to come out of that."
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/OXeSW60uKg5mvA/Gates-Internet-Bubble-Is-Back.xhtml

That was just  a case of sour grapes becayse...

Ozzie: Vista, Office must adapt to Web era

,----[ Quote ]
| Ozzie said that the transition to integrate online services into Microsoft
| products has been a challenge but that changes within the company are
| happening.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6133895.html

Gates heralds the next revolution

,----[ Quote ]
| 'I'm just sitting here, pulling up the information, showing
| it to people, and there's no paperwork, there's no old information,'
| enthused Gates.
`----

Other glorious predictions from the indisputable oracle:

TV will be shut in 10 years, says Bill Gates

,----[ Quote ]
| Television as we know it today will become obsolete in the
| next 10 years, said Microsoft founder Bill Gates.
`----

http://bink.nu/Article8798.bink

The End of Auto Accidents?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://internetbusinessdaily.net/?p=29

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060316/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_gates

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060316/tc_nm/microsoft_gates_dc

,----[ Quote ]
| Chairman and Chief Software Architect Bill Gates on Wednesday mocked a
| $100 laptop computer for developing countries being developed with the
| backing of rival Google Inc. at the Massachusetts Institute of
| Technology.
`----

Boy, he must be green with envy and filled with anxiety.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "I feed my 3 penguins with electricity and love"
Swap:  1036184k total,   468348k used,   567836k free,    48660k cached