Re: [News] Microsoft Continues to Snub Web Standards

http://shifteleven.com/articles/2006/11/16/why-microsoft-expression-web-redefines-irony

> Perhaps Microsoft still has Larry Qualig on the project (Frontpage) which
> got Erik apologising and lying. This program is utter rubbish that must be
> kept away from Web designers...
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/cc1ad063dcc0400d

They are a for profit only motive, they are not out to benefit mankind. To
them, it is the law of diminishing demand. Why fix it if software effort
requires cost and the customer will buy it, or buy it bundled with another
Microsoft product that they are paying dearly for?  Below quote I find
rather apt:

http://www.msversus.org/

| Microsoft generates revenue from licensing software. It operates on a
| factory model of software sales: keep availability of bits limited to
| increase value and produce more bits for more people to increase revenue.
| In the traditional factory products made of limited resources are
| reproduced and sold. By simple laws of economics if supply of the product
| is somewhat limited and a demand exists, a profit can be made. Software -
| even Microsoft's - however, is a limitless resource. Giving someone my
| software does not deprive me of any of my software. The sale value is
| created by the artificial limit placed on copying bits by corporations
| such as Microsoft. While the resource limit can not be avoided in the
| physical world, this artificial limit placed on Microsoft software helps
| only Microsoft at the expense of the customer. The customer gets no better
| software by paying more to Microsoft.

Their motive is profit over customer.

This is a reason I would like to see the EU Court carry out its intended
verdict if Microsoft continues to violate the 2004 Court order to
adequately provide protocol documentation.

Given how they have survived well through lost lawsuits, EU judgement though
larger, is still Microsoft affordable.

--
HPT