Re: FF vs. IE anti-phishing study: outcome as expected

  • Subject: Re: FF vs. IE anti-phishing study: outcome as expected
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 19:30:43 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 16 November 2006 16:30 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Richard Rasker <spamtrap@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>
>> Nothing unexpected here, just FF beating IE again:
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/15/firefox_phish_test/
>>
>> OK, the study was commissioned by the Mozilla Foundation, but contrary to
>> Microsoft-sponsored studies, I can't see how this could have influenced
>> the outcome - the numbers can't be interpreted any other way.
>>

> ... and again, and again, and again...
>
> it does look like game over from here.

The IE team has returned to Maui after 5 years of exile. Didn't you hear?
Gates has retired and he's counting on Opera to mature so that he can take
over. What I find most disgusting, however, are cases where Microsoft takes
over Open Source projects where volunteer work is involved. The very same
people who helped topple a monopoly turn out to have worked to its
benefit... overnight. Personally, although Novell is not entirely possessed,
I have ceased to serve Opensuse at any level capacity. Recently, I might
add, Microsoft partly snatched (read: killed) the operatings on A9, on which
I relied. They tell them which services to kill because these proved to be
competitive with Microsoft's offering. So buh-bye toolbar, among other
things. When you can't/don't compete with them, eliminate them. How does the
law permit this conduct? Must be a loophole of some sort because it's
self-destructive capitalisation that's self-serving.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Get the most out of your hardware. Get Linux.
Mem:    514480k total,   490020k used,    24460k free,    16144k buffers