[News] New Devices with Full Linux Support

Configurable mini-ITX systems boast flexible I/O

,----[ Quote ]
| Ituner subsidiary Mini-Box.com is shipping four new highly modular
| Via-based barebones mini-ITX PCs. The Mx00-series devices are
| available with or without PCI card headroom, and with or withoutm
| edia PC LCDs and IR receivers. The systems run Linux and other PC
| OSes, and target device-makers and hobbyists.

Low-cost NPU offers dual gigE, HSE, Linux support

,----[ Quote ]
| Freescale is sampling an inexpensive PowerQUICC II network processor (NPU)
| with integrated hardware security engine (HSE), dual gigabit Ethernet
| interfaces, and USB 2.0...
|
| [...]
|
| PowerQUICC II chips have traditionally been well-supported in
| Linux-based embedded designs, by embedded Linux vendors such as TimeSys,
| Wind River, and Freescale's internal software tools team (formerly
| Metrowerks)

Sorry if these are boring, but the purpose of their inclusion is to show that
Linux is prevalent in places that are less visible than the desktop.