Re: [News] Biased Comparison from Microsoft's Acquired 'Media'

On 2006-11-15, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:48:44 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>| First of all, I thought journalists were suppose to reveal their
>>| affiliations with any product if such an affiliation exists.
>>| Microsoft owns a stake in NBC ie MSNBC News Network.
>
> Microsoft doesn't have a stake in NBC.  It has a stake in MSNBC, a joint
> venture between the two companies, but it's an independant entity.

Uh-huh. They aren't both partially or fully owned by a single company
that may have an interest in one doing a fine job of pleasing the part
owners of the other.

Since they're separate bodies, we never see "news" people being jointly
used on both netwroks, like, say, David Gregory hosting something on
MSNBC one day and maybe doing a host stint on the Today show on another
day. Nope. No Nora ODonnell doing White House reporting on both. Nope.
Tim Russert stays on his NBC side and Brina Williams never shows up to
do things on MSNBC as well. No sir, they're separate and independent.

Same with CNBC, too. Right? Russert wouldn't dare do a show on CNBC
because they're a competing network. And none of those CNBC clowns
would ever be allowed on the premises of MSNBC or NBC because of their
completely unaffiliatied functions.

--
Microsoft's relationship to its users is that of the blue whale to
krill. Our only purpose is to breed, feed and get squeezed against its