Re: FSF sets up GPL advice taskforce ..

  • Subject: Re: FSF sets up GPL advice taskforce ..
  • From: rgc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Roy Culley)
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:51:39 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
begin  risky.vbs
	<2cksiy4bzqes$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:05:51 +0000, Doug Mentohl wrote:
>
>> Free software developers now have a "legal guardian" they can turn to
>> for advice and guidance on GPL copyright law and patent infringements.
>>
>> As the SCO case rumbles on, Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE)
>> hopes the launch of the Freedom Task Force (FTF) will help to
>> safeguard free software projects.
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/15/freedom_task_force/
>
> So, now we have Dougie jumping into the mix, trying to "compete"
> with Roy for news, often duplicating postings, and just making the
> newsgroup even worse.  Doug doesn't even use the [News] tag.

Doug used to post links to interesting articles long before Roy
started posting to COLA. Of course you know that as you've been here
even longer. As for the [News] tag, Roy added it at the request of
Timmy if I remember correctly. Personally they are not necessary in my
opinion.

If you were a decent person you'd tag most of your posts with [FUD]
and the rest with [LIE].

While you're here, what was your master plan for spamming Roy's [News]
posts again? I must have missed it.

--
Security is one of those funny things.  You can talk about being "more"
secure, but there's no such thing.  A vulnerability is a vulnerability, and