Re: [News] Microsoft Admits Linux FUD Plan Was Flawed?

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:39:33 -0600, chrisv wrote:

 >>> `----
 >
 > Translation:  "We're a bunch of evil bastards, no doubt, but a
 > weakness in our evil plan has been identified.  We will now act a bit
 > nicer, until we can figure out a way to make our evil plan more
 > robust."

You don't have to translate.  Here's what they actually say:

  While Matusows request for input from the open source community shows
  that the company is open to criticism, it appears it will not be
  changing its position on commercial open source developers.

  "Our design goal is to get language in place that allows individual
  developers to keep developing. We are not interested in providing carte
  blanche clearance on patents to any commercial activity - that is a
  separate discussion to be had on a per-instance basis," he wrote.