Re: [News] Second-hand PlayStati*nix 3 Value Rises to $1,200, Motivated by Demand

"Sinister Midget" <phydeaux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On 2006-11-14, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted
> something concerning:
>
>> Something tell me you'll retract, but the lack of tongue in cheeking
>> would
>> imply that it's merely an act of self defense.
>
> Retractions are easy when you're caught.

    I don't know why you guys think I'll retract. The only time I've ever
come close to retracting anything on this newsgroup was when Roy compared
Vista to SP3. I thought he was joking (it had not occured to me that anyone
could seriously believe that), so I gave a joking counter-argument (SPs are
free, Vista is not). People jumped on all the flaws of that joking
counter-argument, so I explained that it was a joke, and then provided the
REAL arguments, incredulous that I had to explain to people why calling
Vista an SP is misleading, and calling it SP3 in particular is an outright
lie (there already exists a different project, distinct from Vista, called
Windows XP SP3).

    Since then, I've realized I can't joke on this forum: People won't let
me get away with it. So I haven't retracted a statement since then, except
when admitting I was wrong about something.

    - Oliver