Re: [News] Microsoft Tries to Silence Zune Critic

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> More control over information...
>
> Microsoft's Attempt To Silence a Zune Critic Backfires
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Props to Drew for recognizing an attempt to gag bad reviews in advance.
> | Those efforts always backfire, and this one appears to be proving that
> | rule. And given that Engadget's latest screenshot of Zune installation
> | errors are reinforcing Microsoft's reputation for buggy software, Drew
> | seems to have been appropriately leary of being able to say only good
> | things about the Zune experience.
> `----

I found this quote from a link in same article:

http://www.dembot.com/011420.html

| Also, with regards to the logo agreement, just by having the Zune logo on
| our page would mean we would not be able to make disparaging comments
| about Microsoft and that's just not a reasonable restriction for
| Rocketboom.

Apparently he is not happy with Microsoft.

> http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061113/20488_id.html?.v=1
>
> Media control, media control, media control and propaganda.
> Bill Gates lends cash to buy newspapers
> $350 million to MediaNews
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Gates involvement has been very behind the scenes. In fact many of
> | those involved in the deal didn'teven know he was one of the investors.
> | It was carried out through the Gates Foundation, the world's largest
> | philanthropy outfit.
> `----
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33849

A Command & Conquer, Tiberian Sun game episode has a cut scene where Cabal,
the AI for Nod, states, "Control the media, control the mind."

| These included the San Jose Mercury News, Contra Costa Times, Monterey
| County Herald and St. Paul Pioneer Press.

City coverage is San Jose, Walnut Creek (San Francisco Bay area), Salinas
(Monterey Bay area), California; St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota.  This
would cover US West Coast and upper Central States and part of Canada.

It would be interesting to find out if there were any other publications
purchased by same interest.

--
HPT