[News] Treat Them Like Pirates and Pirates They'll Become

Red Hot Chili Peppers, QOTSA, T.I. Rock For Zune

,----[ Quote ]
| "These devices are just repositories for stolen music, and they all
| know it," UMG chairman/CEO Doug Morris says. "So it's time to
| get paid for it."
`----

http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003380831

Related:

MPAA: Frustrated Consumers Will Pirate

,----[ Excerpt ]
| The MPAA's Brad Hunt outlined some of the ways the MPAA is working
| to standardize content protection controls in the age of digital
| home networking. But he also acknowledged that piracy is the
| consumer's answer to the content industry's inability to provide
| a simple digital-rights-management solution.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20061016/tc_zd/191502

Piracy figures are inflated say criminologists

,----[ Quote ]