Re: [News] Samba's Full Statement: "Strong Disapproves" Novell Deal

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Quoted for its value:

Samba Team Asks Novell to Reconsider

| Using patents as competitive tools in the free software world is
| not acceptable. Novell, as a participant in numerous debates,
| discussions and conferences on the topic knew this to be the case.
| We call upon Novell to work with the Software Freedom Law Center to
| undo the patent agreement and acknowledge its obligations as a
| beneficiary of the Free Software community.

Wow...talk about sore losers!

Wake up. The GPL *is* a patenting system. It's still a license with restrictions on how and why I can use this supposedly /free/ code...and the winners will be the ones who can successfuly exploit, rather than fight it.

Microsoft gave in to reason. And it will benefit. Novell is the standard bearer. The others who lag will call the winners 'sell-outs'.

It's always that way.

`----

http://news.samba.org/announcements/team_to_novell/

--