Re: Will Vista have this?

  • Subject: Re: Will Vista have this?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:10:36 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Donn Miller ] on Monday 13 November 2006 05:31 \__

> Rex Ballard wrote:
>> Some new animated "docks".
>
> So, this dock is going to become part of Gnome eventually?  Looks nice.
>   I don't really see much functionality in this, though.  Looks like it
> was ripped off of Apple.  Still, a little animation on the desktop
> couldn't hurt.

True. Dynamic desktops are fun. If you're not convinced, then just look how
dull and static a Vista desktop can be...

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=5902090796342771727

I find that even virtual desktop (or tty) switching in Linux adds a lot of
dynamicity... wallpapers change (in KDE at least), applications show up and
disappear, various animations, auto-hiding panels all over the place,
dynamic pager, etc.

Linux is vibrant. In development; in use.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate (Medical Biophysics)
 10:05am  up 25 days 20:19,  7 users,  load average: 1.20, 0.89, 0.75