Re: [News] Sony PS3 Linux Documentation Disseminated

On Sunday 12 November 2006 21:00 Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Platform Support for Sony PlayStation 3
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Available for download today on Power Developer are the patches to
> | Linux kernel 2.6.19 and corresponding documentation and bootloader
> | required to make Linux boot on the Playstation 3.
> `----
>
> http://www.powerdeveloper.org/playstation.php
> http://www.powerdeveloper.org/news.php?id=274
>
> This will probably encourage developers to distribute PS3 distros other
> than Yellow Dog Linux...

Perhaps we could be a bit more even-handed about this?

- perhaps you could also point us to somewhere which shows us how well
Windows supports PS3?  After all, I keep being told that "Windows supports
more hardware than Linux";-)

- in fact, does anybody have to hand the list of H/W platforms supported by
Linux?  It seems only fair to have it up-front so that our resident
Windows-enthusiasts can illustrate their point?