[News] 18 Months for 4 Seconds

Okay, okay, I know it's a dupe, but you'll probably find it as amusing as it
can get.

How Microsoft Chose New Windows Sounds

,----[ Quote ]
| Some musicians spend 18 months working on a whole album. At
| Microsoft Corp., that's how long it took to perfect just
| four seconds of sound.
`----

http://www.cbsnews.com/media/2006/11/10/audio2174198.mp3 (direct link to MP3)

While Linux makes strides in innovative directions, its rivals put effort
where it matters most -- packaging and startup sound. More proof that
marketing will be the main strength of a resource-hogging, already-buggy
operating system that can be pwned. Amazing.