Re: Please Help Us

  • Subject: Re: Please Help Us
  • From: flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:25:45 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 19:17:00 -0800, the professor wrote:

> Hello, we are university graduate students conducting a survey on the
> use of internet social networking use (Myspace, Facebook).  We would
> really appreciate it if you could take the time to take the survey by
> clicking on the link below.  Your participation will be completely
> anonymous and help us understand why people use social network sites
> and what they use them for. The survey will only take five to ten
> minutes.  You must be at least 18 to take the survey.
>
> http://new.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6yBXhek6Fmb4Uuw&SVID=Prod

1. None of those sites work properly with Linux.
2. You are posting in comp.os.linux.advocacy where Linux users tend to be
unsociable. IOW they would rather curl up with a cup of jolt, a pizza pie
and their favorite editor than have any human social interaction.

See "Roy Schestowitz" for a classic example.