[News] Zune and iPod Have a Linux Challenger

Archos 604 WiFi Ultimate Gallery: Why It's a Zune Challenger

,----[ Quote ]
| The Zune, which comes out next week, isn't the only WiFi media player
| out there, remember. The Archos 604 is here today, and I think the
| Archos might be better by some measures. Simply said, the
| 4.3-inch touchscreen is perfect, and extremely fingerprint
| resistant.
`----

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/portable-media/archos-604-wifi-ultimate-gallery-why-its-a-zune-challenger-213637.php

I used some Archos models at the shop and they were astounding (albeit very
pricey and large). Linux was virtually invisible.

Side note (and an off-topic remark):

Jedidiah appears to have got an article in Technocrat...

        http://technocrat.net/d/2006/11/10/10671