Re: [News] Linux Gains Ground, Beats FUD in Enterprises

begin  oe_protect.scr
> The Open-Source Impact
>
> It's Gaining Ground In Larger Enterprises, But What About SMEs?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| "The biggest hurdle we face is the perception that open source and
>| Linux is just too difficult to use or lacks too many features to be
>| effective [in smaller companies]," says Rotzow. "This is why people
>| keep choosing Microsoft."
> `----
>
> http://www.processor.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles/P2845/31p45/31p45.asp&guid=
> http://tinyurl.com/y8qoto
>
> Proof that FUD Still Plays a role.

FUD, like all political methods, exploits the tendencies of people to
gossip, and to pass on "secret" information, and so on.  People want to
be "in with the in-crowd", as the song used to say, and having access to
special gossip is one way of showing credibility in this way.  Supplying
FUD into this social system is a highly effective way of using this
tendency to push a political agenda, or indeed a business one.

The best defence against FUD in this way is to keep providing the facts.
There's nothing more damaging than showing the someone's "secret
information" is, in fact, completely untrue, thus the effect of this
social networking can be very thoroughly inverted, turned to good use.

		-- Wittgenstein