Re: [News] Linux Progress in India

or http://tinyurl.com/un72a

> There are some mistakes and misconceptions in this article as well.

Value of the article is a glimpse into what is going on in other parts of
the world besides North America and European Union.  I thought this a bit
revealing:

| It is important to understand the dynamics of different segments of the
| market. The fact is that Linux on the desktop (with a mere 5 per cent
| share) has never been a serious competitor to the Windows OS (operating
| system) that has a market share of over 80 per cent the world over and in
| India.

Linux has a significant foot-in-the-door in India with a 5% share and
increasing.  Linux is not a one-percenter.

--
HPT