Re: [News] Rick Devenuti of Microsoft Left Company

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> How many Microsofties does it take to implement the Off
> menu?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Every piece of evidence I've heard from developers inside
>| Microsoft supports my theory that the company has become
>| completely tangled up in bureaucracy, layers of
>| management, meetings ad infinitum, and overstaffing. The
>| only way Microsoft has managed to hire so many people has
>| been by lowering their hiring standards significantly...
> `----
>
> http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2006/11/24.html

Joel has an interesting personal observation.  The company
sounds a lot like the failed aerospace companies of the early
90's.  I am in a wait and see attitude, but Novell's recent
deal with Microsoft sounds a lot like aerospace.

We will not see much fat with Open Source initiatives.  It is
for this reason that I believe we will see it succeed, and
succeed very well.

--
HPT