Re: Where is all the SPAM coming From?

  • Subject: Re: Where is all the SPAM coming From?
  • From: flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:46:34 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:02:49 -0500, Alicia Hunt wrote:

> This group appears to have been
> taken over by some sPaM_b0ts.
> Apparently there is a compromised
> system at
> I have emailed the isp and received a response
> claiming there is nothing they can do.
> Have Windows machines gone so out of
> control that even the network isps cannot
> effectively stop the sPaM?
> Regards,
>
> Alicia Hunt
> alicia.myhunt@xxxxxxxxx

It's coming from one Roy Shestowich, the SPAM KING!
Evidently his current provider, demon.net, isn't as
diligent as his University, Manchester University, which cut him off
from his spamming activities a couple of weeks ago forcing him to find a
new provider.

If you send William Poaster a message he might email you one of his
"bullet proof" kill filters which will bozo bin all the spam and allow you
to read the interesting messages in the group.
Nobody can write a filter like Wiily Poaster.
Nobody!

If not, just filter on [News], [Mews], {News] and every combination of.