Re: [News] LightScribe for Linux Released

High Plains Thumper <hpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling Launches Public Linux
>> Toolkit
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| LightScribe announced the release of publicly-available
>>| Linux development tools for its Direct Disc Labeling
>>| technology.
>> `----
>>
>> http://linux.sys-con.com/read/305632_p.htm
>
> Thanks for the heads up, Roy.  This is indeed good news.  I
> purchased an HP Lightscribe DVD rewriter a year ago.  Now I
> will be able to burn Lightscribe on these CD's in Linux.

One would have thought that had you really bought one of these then you
would have kept your eyes peeled for the drivers yourself.

Still, waiting a year for a driver isn't too bad I suppose.

But wait!!!

DOH!!!!

Its not a driver at all!!!

It's a toolkit. Still, you can always write your own!