[News] Surveys: Shops May Ignore Windows Vista Until Hardware Upgrades

Vista Hardware Requirements: Upgrade or Buy New PCs?

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course, the other choice is to simply wait for your existing PC
| refresh cycle to take care of your Vista upgrade for you. Many surveys
| - including one of IT Business Edge subscribers from SMBs that we'll
| publish later this week - indicate that most shops either plan to buy
| OEM copies of Vista with new PCs, or simply have no formal plan in
| place to migrate to the new OS.
`----

http://www.itbusinessedge.com/blogs/bpi/index.php/2006/11/27/vista-hardware-requirements-upgrade-or-buy-new-pcs/

Show them the simple upgrade route to, e.g. Kubuntu. No new hardware is
needed.

Kubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft) Step By Step Installation with Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| Kubuntu is a user friendly operating system based on KDE, the K
| Desktop Environment. With a predictable 6 month release cycle and
| part of the Ubuntu project, Kubuntu is the GNU/Linux distribution
| for everyone.
`----

http://www.debianadmin.com/kubuntu-610-edgy-eft-step-by-step-installation-with-screenshots.html

Related:

Forrester: Consumers won't rush to Vista

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itworld.com/Comp/2218/061109vistarush/index.html