[News] Another Linux-based Phone Debuts

Motorola ROKR E6 Launched in China

,----[ Quote ]
| Motorola's new damn hot ROKR E6 has been in the news ever since its
| FCC approval and it seems that this is one phone you just can't do
| without. Much to the delight of all the Motorola fans, this Linux
| based beauty is now finally launched in China, after rather ane
| xcruciatingly long wait.
`----

http://www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/motorola_rokr_e6_launched_in_china.html

Related and recent:

Motorola Prepping Linux-based RAZR Smartphone?

,----[ Quote ]
| We know that Moto has a Linux-based ROKR ready to go that's already
| cleared the FCC labyrinth of regulation, so it's likely that the RAZR
| in this shot will sport some Linuxy goodness.
`----

http://crunchgear.com/2006/10/31/motorola-prepping-linux-based-razr-smartphone/

EDN highlights Linux's success in phones

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux powered about a quarter of all "feature phones" shipped in
| 2005, according to market analysts cited by Webb. Linux grew
| fastest in Asia, in phones from NEC, Panasonic, and Motorola,
| he notes. Meanwhile, mobile subscribers worldwide are expected
| to grow from 100 million to about 350 million, thanks largely to
| cellular rollouts in India, he says.

Linux makes Mot tops in PDA/smartphone growth

,----[ Quote ]
| Strong Linux smartphone sales in China helped Motorola achieve
| the highest overall year-on-year growth among the top five vendors
| in the PDA/Smartphone market, according to Gartner. In contrast,
| Motorola's Symbian- and Microsoft-based smartphones are "not
| making significant progress," Gartner reports.

Motorola chairman: Mobiles for under $15 likely by 2008

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1035_22-6131929.html