Re: [News] German Linux Trade Group Denounces Microsoft FUD

begin  oe_protect.scr
B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Tuesday 28 November 2006 06:53 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> German Linux Trade Group to MS: Be Specific About Patents - It's the Law
>>
>> (in German)
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "Ballmer's assertion must be viewed as the typical Microsoft approach
>> | to alienate the market by spreading rumors or threats", said the
>> | official representative of the Linux related companies in Germany
>> | in a statement made in Berlin on November 27th 2006. "This is
>> | obviously part of a PR campaign related to the market launch of
>> | Windows Vista....If Microsoft cannot show evidence to support
>> | their claims, then they are outside the boundaries of German
>> | competition regulations. We call upon Microsoft to either prove
>> | their case, or to refrain from making such unfounded statements.
>> | Furthermore, we call upon European Politicians to protect open
>> | competition in Europe. In particular, small and mid sized companies,
>> | which form the majority of European Linux service providers, need to
>> | be protected from tedious legal disputes resulting from pretended
>> | assertions of Microsoft."
>> `----
>>

> http://www.linux-verband.de/Home-News-Single-Ansicht.305+M5b33a2bc073.0.html?&tx_ttnews[backPid]=19&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=363
>
> That's the translation into English, of course?
>
> Presumably putting it into American, it would read "Put up or shut up"?

It needs to be said and acted upon.  I would be very happy to see an end
to this most objectionable kind of fud.

Circumstances rule men; men do not rule circumstances.
		-- Herodotus