Re: [News] Things That Make Ubuntu a Linux Poster Child

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> All good points, so I won't snip. I notice that you left out the 7th
> point.

I had to miss point 7 because I don't actually know how much Ubuntu puts
back into the open source system. I do know that they have a community of
developers, it seems from their introduction page to be a well organised
and very disciplined system of about 50-60 programmers, then a council
system that approves programmers for inclusion in the group.

Programmers like to be organised, or rather, like the organising set in
stone for them so that they don't have to think about it.

The part of their web site which I found a bit odd is the part they call
'Planet', you click the wiki then the Planet menu item is added to the top.
It seems to be random messages with no interaction. Sort of like lots of
mini blogs and its always a mistake to show a picture of the person who
posted I think, its bad enough having to read a blog without having to look