Re: [News] Vista Reveals Another Wrinkle

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Vista unable to stream, convert CableCARD media
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | So, recap: no streaming, Windows Media Connect is null, and no
> | conversion and syncing to your portable; don't be surprised if before
> | the cable industry and CableLabs is through Microsoft further panders by
> | disabling the fast-forward button in the expectation that you'll
> | sit patiently through the recorded commercials.
> `----

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/25/vista-unable-to-stream-convert-cablecard-media/

Actually... the way I heard it... you can fast forward anywhere in the video
you want, but the commercials are marked i such a manner that when the fast
forward function comes across a suitably marked commercial the fast for
stops and reverts to play mode... You have no option than to watch the
commercials...

--

Jerry McBride