Re: [News] Google Shuts Down Open Source Project

Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
> I didn't think that reverse engineering was wrong?  I don't believe that
> it is here, anyway.

It isn't, but from what I understand, they were using their client to
connect to the google servers and download THEIR images.

Which is just a tad cheeky without asking permission first, if you think
about it.

> The only bit to be concerned about would be if google had paid money for a
> map of somewhere with a restrictive usage licence?

Exactly
|   spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |                                                 |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!"          |
|            in            | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
|     Computer Science     | - Father Jack in "Father Ted"                   |