Re: [News] New Reviews of Slackware 11 and Ubuntu Edgy

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Review of Slackware 11.0
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Slackware is one of the oldest Linux distributions alive today and
>| focuses on stability over cutting edge features. You might not find
>| many flashy GUI tools for Slackware, but don't let that fool you -
>| this is one heck of a distro. Today I'm taking a look at this latest
>| version of Slackware and explore the myth that Slackware isn't for
>| newbies.
> `----
>
> http://www.openaddict.com/page.php?30
>

> Ubuntu 6.10 The Windows Killer Has Arrived
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Ubuntu includes more than 16,000 pieces of software, but the core
>| desktop installation fits on a single CD.
> `----
>
> http://www.haikona.com/blog/ubuntu-610-the-windows-killer-has-arrived.html

Ubuntu might just be what the free software world really needed;  the
resources and will to build on the very excellent debian project a
windows-killer.  I wonder how long a monopoly can last when there is a
free alternative which is more than 1/2 good enough.

What will you do if all your problems aren't solved by the time you die?