[News] Nobody Will Suspect This Box is Linux-Ready and Linux-Capable...

Windows Vista Custom PC Design

,----[  ]
| Microsoft and Dell recently partnered up to create a super-cool custom PC
| in celebration of Microsoft releasing Windows Vista to manufacturing
| earlier this month.  Our own Sean Alexander had a friend on the Windows
| Team forward on some pictures and information regarding the high end PC.
`----

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2006/11/21/windows-vista-custom-pc-design.aspx

Photo in page. Branding hardware as well... not using removable stickers.

Also in:

http://stefantz.blogspot.com/2006/11/windows-vista-custom-pc-design.html

Similar 'madness' (and the motivating for this rant):

SiS671FX let you experience Vista and Intel Core 2 duo platform

,----[ Quote ]
| The SiS671FX chipset is for Intel desktop PCs platform, and
| it aims to provide outstanding system performance by supporting
| Windows Vista.
`----

http://www.sis.com/pressroom/pressrelease_000250.htm

BenQ Unveils Vista-Approved LCD Monitors

,----[ Quote ]
| BenQ unveiled some new flat-panel monitors Thursday that have been
| qualified to work with Microsoft's upcoming Windows Vista operating
| system.
|
| Two of the monitors, due out in early December, have received
| Microsoft's Works with Windows Vista logo. A third, due out by the
| end of this month, is expected to be awarded Windows Vista
| Premium Certification, BenQ said.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20061103/tc_pcworld/127744

How can a monitor be approved by some binaries that send output to a
standardised DAC?