Re: [News] Microsoft's Dark Vista Secret

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Vista Breaks Applications
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The big secret at Redmond is that existing applications and new
> | products will not work with Vista.
> |
> | Microsoft really doesn't want you to know this, but many of your
> | existing applications won't work with Vista. In fact, some brand
> | new products won't work with Vista.
> `----

Ithought that was going to be the case with comms software after we got a
message in here telling us that Putty doesn't work in Vista. The Putty
people have put out an alternative or fix for it. But Putty screens are
only general controls, that meant to me that there is something wrong with
the comms side of Vista.

The list of problem areas for that is likely to impact on has to be much
larger than the VPN examples listed in the web link. I personally don't
much care about some areas that will not work in Vista, but for MS get get
secure comms so wrong that almost nothing will work without change, thats
not right.

It is either because they have monkeys for programmers, or more likely it is
entirely deliberate in order to cut some people out of the network.

Will be interesting to see Money Bank Co's first day on Vista wont it,
'sorry customer but none of our client PCs are able to access the data
servers because Vista can't do secure comms'.