[News] GPL (As Well as Other Open Source Licenses) Violations Becoming Shallow

The Devil In The Code: Vendors Vet For Open-Source Compliance

,----[ Quote ]
|  A pair of software companies, Black Duck Software and Palamida, aim to
| alleviate compliance headaches with applications that automatically vet
| code for open-source contributions.
|
| [...]
|
| Palamida won't disclose the size of its customer base, but Black Duck
| has attracted 200 customers plus investments from Intel Capital, Red
| Hat and SAP Ventures. Levin said demand is particularly strong for
| Black Duck's SMB-focused hosted service, which enables developers to
| essentially rent Black Duck's platform and check their code over the
| Web.
`----

http://www.channelweb.com/sections/allnews/article.jhtml?articleId=195200007&cid=ChannelWebNews

New tools like indexed code for search makes plagiarism detection even
easier.

Also yesterday:

FSFE Becomes the Legal Guardian of the Bacula Project

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/Application/FSFE_Becomes_the_Legal_Guardian_of_the_Bacula_Project