Re: Our G*d is the Almighty Chewbacca

  • Subject: Re: Our G*d is the Almighty Chewbacca
  • From: "Paul" <pgrieg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 22 Nov 2006 02:56:46 -0800
  • Newsgroups: uk.philosophy.atheism
David A. wrote:

> In article <1163755113.187686.84750@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Jedi petition UN for religious rights
> >
> > http://www.theregister.com/2006/11/16/jedi_petition/
> >
> > "Indeed, more than 390,000 Brits are practising Jedi, according to the
> > 2001 census. Brighton is the country's principal centre of Jedi
> > activity, with 6,480 professing to follow the faith."
> >
> > Hilarious. Their religion is just as 'genuine' as that of all others.
>
> Thanks for that; I also think it's hilarious. But please tell me why you
> spelt the name of the deity with an asterisk. That is not, I believe a
> Jedi custom. Is it perhaps a legacy from a Judaism you have now rejected?

How does one set about setting up a faith school? Just imagine it.
Light sabre
practice instead of gym. A Star Wars movie at least once a term.
Exploring
your dark side in social studies lessons. Feeling the force in RE.
"Prom
Princess Laya". Nastiest teacher forced to wear Darth Vader costume for
year...