Re: What do you do with the $700?

__/ [ Wayne McClaine ] on Tuesday 21 November 2006 21:47 \__

> Someone gives you a blank (100GB unformatted drive) PC and $700.  What
> do you do with the $700???
>
> Buy MS Office 2003 Std. and Windows XP Pro SP2 from COMPUSA.com and
> have enough money left over to go booger-mining.
>
> -Or-
>
> Get Linux and Open Office and still have enough money leftover to:
>
> Fly 2 people round trip from LaGuardia, NYC to London, England
> Buy another PC or laptop
> Get a Blackberry and about 1-year worth of service
> or
> 5 bottles of Dom Perignon - but that would be a waste.
>
> Kinda like those MS purchases.....
>
> -Gary

For a price lower than that you could grab a Sony WorkStation 3 (sic), which
gives you a Blu-ray player, a kickass graphics card (GPU), CPU and Linux,
which included an Office suite, among other things. That makes it better is
the existence of a large TV set around your house.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Turn up the jukebox and tell me a lie"
Mem:    514480k total,   468112k used,    46368k free,     8532k buffers