Re: Could Record Labels be Given Back Doors to Windows?

  • Subject: Re: Could Record Labels be Given Back Doors to Windows?
  • From: The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 06:58:37 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mathew P.
<Mathew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:11:27 GMT
<jhA8h.5451$Uz.3882@trnddc05>:

> On 2006-11-20, Roy Schestowitz spake thusly:
>> July 23, 2002, 4:45 PM PDT
>>
>> Could Hollywood hack your PC?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Congress is about to consider an entertainment industry proposal
>>| that would authorize copyright holders to disable PCs used for
>>| illicit file trading.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.com.com/2100-1023-945923.html
>
> And this is the point at which RMS says, "I told you so."

The proposal merely indemnifies Microsoft and the copyright
holders for damages incurred while copyright holders go
into a computer and disable it sufficiently to preclude
further unauthorized duplication, presumably.

Nice.  Do we need a data gulag now, or will a certain shack
in the Montana forest do? :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Error 16: Not enough space on file system to delete file(s)