Re: Roy Schestowitz: "This is a Linux newsgroup."

chrisv wrote:
> Larry Qualig checked our message ID's, then wrote:
>> Geico Caveman wrote:

>>> But I agree, Roy would do well, to reduce the amount of Microsoft
>>> specific posts, choosing only those Microsoft posts that contrast
>>> the benefits of Linux and open source exclusively, point by point.

>> What????  You don't see the obvious connection between Bill Gates
>> salary and Linux? The connection between where Steve Ballmer goes
>> on vacation and Linux? The connection between the brand of car
>> Gates drives and Linux? The connection between Nasdaq trading
>> volume for MSFT and Linux?

> Idiot.  There is certainly a "connection" between the M$ operating
> systems and Linux.

Yes, there certainly is:

.----
| 1.4 The Charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy
|
|    The charter of comp.os.linux.advocacy is:
|
|      For discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
|      operating systems.
`----

Perhaps Dumbo would like to explain how one can make a comparison with
"other operating systems" without *discussing* those other operating
systems, and the people and companies behind them. And since he likes
to continually reminds us that Windows has such a "huge" market share,
does it not make sense that the "other operating system" being
discussed is invariably Windows?

Windows is the problem; Linux is the solution - sounds like a good
basis for advocacy to me, and AFAICT that is the crux of Roy's posts.

It's certainly more relevant than an Astroturfing MS apologist making
personal attacks.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

.----
| Gates' Law: Every 18 months, the speed of software halves.
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5
 20:22:18 up 114 days, 20:39,  3 users,  load average: 0.56, 0.49, 0.49