Re: PC Mag on Vista RC2

  • Subject: Re: PC Mag on Vista RC2
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 06:47:38 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Linonut ] on Monday 09 October 2006 23:43 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, B Gruff belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>> Still not there, they reckon......
>> Presumably PC mag is a Linux mouth-piece though?
>
> I thought it was only a month to business-shipments.
>
> Scary.

...That's simply because the way it's produced or distributed to an
enterprise. I am not sure shrink-wrapping is a necessity. They have just set
up a factory in Costa Rico--one that'll manufacture those CD's at a high
speed. Whether it'll sell as well as Microsoft hopes (adoption twice as
quick as that of XP) we are yet to see. People already whine about the cost
(hardware upgrades aside)... but there is plenty to be won by DRM'ing (or
'Zuning', as Robertson calls it) people ASAP. It locks their data better
than any proprietary formats because it's practically illegal to take data
elsewhere by unlocking (decrypting) it.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
Tasks: 170 total,   2 running, 166 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie