Re: COLA Stats 8 Oct 2006

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 09 Oct 2006 01:47:18 +0100
<5208956.EIEIYOqAab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ Linonut ] on Monday 09 October 2006 01:41 \__
>
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Smith belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>>> The group is in effect a Windows discussion group, so this is not
>>> surprising.
>>
>> You seem to be confusing cause and effect here.
>>
>>> Half the posts, or more, have nothing to do with Linux.
>>
>> I, for one, would prefer more talk of the glories of Linux.  But too
>> many here want to trash it in order to boost Windows.  And many cannot
>> resist arguing back.  I know I cannot, most of the time.
>>
>> Then again, part of the charter here is to attract the nuisances from
>> other newsgroups.
>
> Hadron,
>
> I see what you write to me when people reply. It's repugnant. For that you
> deserve some ASCII art.
>
> ........................./´¯/)
> ......................,/¯..//
> ...................../..../ /
> ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
> ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
> ........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
> .........\.................\/..../
> ..........''...\.......... _.·´
> ............\..............(
> ..............\.............\
>
> Grow up or start speaking about ideas rather than about people, character and
> rants against them. Additionally, use your peabrain to realise it's a Linux
> advocacy group. Bahave accordingly.

Erm, this is a mild critique on the art, but it got
horribly mangled over here, presumably because of a
the gist of it anyway.

Hopefully Hadron does too.

(There should be a FAQ on this, but faqs.org doesn't have an
entry for alt.ascii-art. :-) )

As for Linux glories -- I'll admit, I frankly don't know
what the heck that means in this context, except that Linux
simply, quietly, and nicely works, whereas Windows wants
to be noisy about it and occasionally likes to throw curve
balls when one really expected a simple, straight response.

For the most part, as no system is 100% perfect.  But Linux
meets 99% of my needs right now, computerwise.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
/dev/signature: Resource temporarily unavailable