Re: [News] Vista Could be Further Delayed, MS Could Blame Europe as an Excuse?

  • Subject: Re: [News] Vista Could be Further Delayed, MS Could Blame Europe as an Excuse?
  • From: Peter Hayes <not_in_use@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 9 Oct 2006 10:09:00 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In <1160337877.522232.265570@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> newsgroups@
schestowitz.com wrote:

> Vista launch to add 100,000 Europe IT jobs: study
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The study, conducted by research firm IDC and commissioned by
>| Microsoft, said Windows Vista will be installed on over 30
>| million personal computers in Denmark, France, Germany,
>| Poland, Spain and United Kingdom within the first year of
>| shipment.
> `----
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060914/tc_nm/microsoft_study_dc

The previous report claimed 50,000 jobs would be created.

<http://news.com.com/Study+Vista+could+create+50,000+jobs+in+Europe/2100-
1016_3-6115797.html>

"The launch of Windows Vista will create more than 50,000 technology
jobs in six large European countries and will lead to a flood of
economic benefits for companies there, according to a Microsoft-funded
IDC study."

And that was only a month ago. I guess by the time Vista actually hits
the shelves it'll solve the enture unemployment problems of the EU
including the accession states.

--

Peter