Re: [News] Most Reliable Hosters Run GNU/Linux, Says Netcraft

  • Subject: Re: [News] Most Reliable Hosters Run GNU/Linux, Says Netcraft
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 08:37:59 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 09 October 2006 07:42 \__

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2006/10/07/rackspace_most_reliable_hoster_in_september.html

> Again, I expect this trend to continue, as free software continues to
> improve.

Frankly, I was quite surprised that BSD's and Solaris didn't make it into the
list.

More good publicity for the Penguin!

...Just months after Microsoft had used the BBC to spit out FUD, calling Open
Source "unreliable/complex and undependable". Surely, the best site can
depend on it. I can attest to the same experience based on what I see on my
host (which is mixes Windows and Linux), as well as here at ISBE.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> apt-get -not windows