Re: [News] Microsoft Learns Lesson from Linux, But Still Neither Free Nor Efficient

.----
| Main article:
|
| In fact, Figure 1 shows that the statement "Windows without windows"
| isn't exactly true. You'll see that it does have a bare minimum of
| Windows' GUI capabilities for simple dialogs like Task Manager and
| basic installation software. The mouse also works, in case you were
| wondering.

| Comment from Anonymous:
|
| Of course it's not *nix quality, it's stripped down, not built up.
`----

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

Oh   My   God!!!

Is this the best the *almighty* Microsoft can do?

They *still* can't remove the GUI completely from the OS. What they've
got here is a DOS box with the equivalent of twm from the 1980's. What a
joke.

Go Microsoft, Go!!!

Oh but wait ... choice is good.

Let me see now, I want a new server and I can choose one of the
following OSes for it:

. Microsoft "Server Core", with a cheap plastic 80's gooey and almost
zero functionality, or ...

. Linux "Fedora Core" set up as a lean server, with no GUI, hardened
security with SELinux et al, providing a hundred customised services,
using industry standard De Facto applications like Apache etc.

Hmmm, decisions decisions .... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

.----
| Mastery of UNIX, like mastery of language, offers real freedom.
| The price of freedom is always dear, but there's no substitute.
| Personally, I'd rather pay for my freedom than live in a bitmapped,
| pop-up-happy dungeon like NT.
|
| -- Thomas Scoville, Performance Computing
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.16-1.2133_FC5
 00:17:25 up 112 days, 34 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.72, 0.83, 0.68