[News] The $100 Linux Laptop (AKA OLPC or 2B1) at Security Forefront

$100 laptop may be at security forefront

,----[ Quote ]
| The $100 laptops planned for children around the world might turn out to
| be as revolutionary for their security measures as for their low-cost
| economics.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061006/ap_on_hi_te/hundred_dollar_laptop

Worth mentioning:

http://www.toorcon.org/2006/sponsors.html
                            ^^^^^^^^

        "Microsoft - Where Do You Want to Go Today?"

In that particular conference, the following suggested that OLPC
'monoculture' (*cough* unlike Microsoft) could lead to security issues.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/04/olpc-invites-hackers-to-test-break-2b1s-security-systems/

In that very same conference there was a _hoax_ that called Firefox a
"complete mess" -- a libel surely and a case of slander. I am not suggesting
that there must be an agenda there, but there /might/ be.