Re: Mouse wrap in KDE

On 2006-10-02, Noah <uluman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Noah ] on Monday 02 October 2006 17:11 \__
>>
>> > Hi folks,
>> > I'm looking for a way to have my mouse wrap around the screen edges in
>> > X (i.e. jump from the left edge to the right edge, top to bottom, etc).
>> >  I read it's possible in Gnome and some other environments, but a few
>> > people said it's also possible in KDE.  I can't find any option for it.
>> >  Do you know how to enable it?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Assuming I understand correctly what you mean by "wrapping", try this:
>>
>> Control Center -> Desktop -> Windows Behaviour -> "Advanced" tab -> Enable
>> Active Desktop Borders and set time for switch delay.
>>
>> I never knew this function was available in GNOME. It didn't appear so the
>> last time I used it, so I suspect that we may be talking about totally
>> separate things here.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>
> Thanks Roy but your suspicion is correct, that's not quite the
> "wrapping" I'm looking for.  Say you're dragging the mouse to the
> right... once it reaches the right edge of the screen, it instantly
> appears on the left edge and continues on it's way.  (like the ship in
> "Asteroids" :))

I tried doing this in Windows once using a free utility. I thought it
could be a good idea but once I'd tried it I realised it was awful! How
do you get on with it?
When I want to close an app I like to push the mouse blindly to the top
right and not worry about stopping. Same thing with when I want to click
'start' or 'K' or whatever. With it wrapping I was mis-clicking all over
the place :D

--
-Toby, who...
field to circumvent my email filters.