Re: [News] Red Hat Linux Sales Up 52% (Annually) And their stock dropped 23.21 percent......

  • Subject: Re: [News] Red Hat Linux Sales Up 52% (Annually) And their stock dropped 23.21 percent......
  • From: flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 21:35:41 -0400
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 01:39:57 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Red Hat sales rocket

And their stock tanks....

And their cash from operations is down to 43.9 million from the previous
quarter of 52.3 million.

Sounds like more Linux mismanagement.

> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The growth was driven by a 90 per cent rise in sales of Enterprise Linux
> | through the reseller channel and the development of an integrated Linux |
> | Application Stack, says the company.
> `----
>
> http://www.vnunet.com/computing/analysis/2165661/red-hat-sales-rocket

http://linux.webbuyersguide.com/news/4453-wbglinux_news.html

"
Jason Kraft, an analyst with Susquehanna Financial Group, a financial
institution, however, sees Red Hat's second-quarter results as having
"showed a deceleration in its core business." Therefore, "For us to get
interested in RHAT shares, we need either to gain comfort of an
acceleration in the core business to pay a premium multiple over cash flow
growth, or wait for the shares to pull back once investors have
acknowledged that Red Hat's maintenance stream (Linux subscriptions)
should be intrinsically valued less than it is currently. For now, we
remain on the sidelines.""