Re: [News] Microsoft Dares to Appel EU Antitrust Ruling

__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Wednesday 04 October 2006 10:21 \__

> On 2006-10-03, B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
>
>> I wonder what would happen if the E.U. were to say, "We've had enough.
>> You can sell Vista here, but before you sell even a single copy, you show
>> us
>> that it complies".  I reckon the boot would be on the other foot, and we'd
>> see how amazingly quickly MS can do these things.....
>
> I think what we'd see, against all odds, is an already shoddy product
> made worse. Or another 2 year delay in releasing it throughout the
> world, and _then_ a product worse than the current alphas people are
> trying.

The product will not be stable (not even with long delays) unless it's
returned for the coders to call off the feature freeze and begin that
muchly-needed re-write of 60% of the code. You can employ 1,000 builders to
patch a 100-year-old building, but that will never make the building as
stable as a new one. Demolishment is pending. Anything else is a route to
disaster.