Re: Hey Erik: THAT FIREFOX SECURITY HOLE IS A HOAX

__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Wednesday 04 October 2006 10:52 \__

http://developer.mozilla.org/devnews/index.php/2006/10/02/update-possible-vulnerability-reported-at-toorcon/

>> Who could possibly support such FUD? Yes, you've guessed it right.
>>
>> ToorCon ("Firefox security is a mess") sponsored by Microsoft
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Lately, I read the headline: "Open Source browser Firefox is so
>>| critically flawed that it is impossible to fix, according to two
>>| hackers." Further on, in the ZDNet article I read: "The hackers claim
>>| they know of about 30 unpatched Firefox flaws. They don't plan to
>>| disclose them, instead holding onto the bugs."
>>|
>>| Since that sounds suspicious, I decided to start searching for
>>| connections with MS. Easy enough, here it is...
>> `----
>>
>> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/70873/index.html
>
> The link from there goes to here:
>
> http://www.toorcon.org/2006/conference.html
>
> And has:
>
>    21:30-03:00 ToorCon Saturday Night Party - Sponsored by Microsoft
>
> Heh heh. It was just a little joke! They didn't really expect anybody
> to take them seriously! C'mon folks, smile!

Lxer didn't point at quite the right page, IMO.

http://www.toorcon.org/2006/sponsors.html

Microsoft is among the "Official Sponsors".