[News] K3b Approaches 1.0 Release, Lead Developer Interviewed

Burn Baby Burn

,----[ Quote ]
| MS: Are you the sole developer?
|
| ST: Not completely. There have been some contributors over the years,
| but only one is still left: Christian Kvasny, who does the VideoCD
| project and VideoCD ripping. Apart from that, basically, all the code
| was written by me since most of the things other people contributed over
| the years have been re-implemented.
|
| I am not completely sure why it is that K3b has so few developers.
| Maybe because it is hard to work with me on K3b. I am quite protective
| of my code and the K3b design. I think I've scared some away. ;)
`----

http://www.packtpub.com/article/K3b

The above exemplifies a key strength, not a weakness. Projects become
people's 'babies', which they shelter not because of a paycheck. This
includes security fixes. Moreover, abandonment and lack of familiarity with
the code is not an issue. And K3b, being a top-notch application, proves all
of this.