[News] eBay's Entire Source Code Appeared to Have Been Leaked

Ebay source code.

,----[ Quote ]
| Up for bid: full Ebay source codes (entire db script, all source
| files, images for for size and placement example only.)
|
| Minimum starting bid: $200 usd (limited to 10 sales)
`----

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=43319

http://www.mattparnell.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=1
http://tinyurl.com/gezvx

A large portion of Microsoft's source code for Windows (NT/2000, I think)
is/was out 'in the wild' as well. This only proves that source code cannot
be guarded much more effectively than Open Source code. Slicing and
artifically dividing it among divisions to minimise damage leads to poor
integration and, overall, a flaky system. No wonder Linux can manage with
good modularity that transcends geographical distance. No sharing of code =
no communication = poor integration. And Microsoft is notorious for
stitching up codes from different teams. Code spaghetti...